Haplogroup U6a7a is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup U6a7a Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|05||U6a7a1||794A 1193||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||U6a7a1||794A 1193||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||U6a7a1||794A 1193||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||U6a7a1||794A 1193||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||U6a7a1||794A 1193||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||U6a7a||794A 1193 1692T 5120 5471 8473 15530 15632||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||U6a7a||T794a T1193C A1692t A5120G G5471A T8473C T15530C C15632T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||U6a7a||T794a T1193C A1692t A5120G G5471A T8473C T15530C C15632T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||U6a7a||T152C! T794a T1193C A1692t G5471A T8473C T15530C C15632T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||U6a7a||T152C! T794a T1193C A1692t G5471A T8473C T15530C C15632T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup U6a7a Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup U6
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup U
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]