Haplogroup U5a1d2b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 1,000 and 7,400 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup U5a1d2b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|14||U5a1d2b||G4924c T10858C T14110C G15217A T16304C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||U5a1d2b||G4924c T10858C T14110C G15217A T16304C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||U5a1d2b||G4924c T10858C T14110C G15217A T16304C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||U5a1d2b||G4924c T10858C T14110C G15217A T16304C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup U5a1d2b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5005095||Behar et al., 2012b||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b:146||U5a1d2b:257, 309.1C, 315.1C, 3438, 16519|
|Hap5014155||Sequeira et al., 2015||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b:195, 573.1XC, 16256||U5a1d2b:310, 574C, 11530, 16519|
|Hap5016174||Russia||Sukernik et al., 2012||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b:573.1XC||U5a1d2b:309.1C, 315.1C, 574d, 16241, 16287, 16325, 16519|
|Hap5016828||Russia||Malyarchuk et al., 2010a||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b:573.1XC||U5a1d2b:309.1C, 315.1C, 533, 574d, 16519|
|Hap5021001||Iran||Derenko et al., 2013||U5a1d2b||U5a1d2b||none||U5a1d2b:309.1C, 315.1C, 574C, 11362, 13101, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Derenko, M., Malyarchuk, B., Bahmanimehr, A., Denisova, G., Perkova, M., Farjadian, S., & Yepiskoposyan, L. (2013). Complete Mitochondrial DNA Diversity in Iranians. PLoS ONE, 8(11), e80673.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Malyarchuk, B., Derenko, M., Grzybowski, T., Perkova, M., Rogalla, U., Vanecek, T. and Tsybovsky, I. (2010). The Peopling of Europe from the Mitochondrial Haplogroup U5 Perspective. PLoS ONE, 5(4), e10285+.
- Sequeira, A., Rollins, B., Magnan, C., van Oven, M., Baldi, P., Myers, R.M., Barchas, J.D., Schatzberg, A.F., Watson, S.J., Akil, H. and Bunney, W.E. (2015). Mitochondrial Mutations in Subjects with Psychiatric Disorders. PLoS ONE, 10(5), e0127280.
- Sukernik, Rem I.; Volodko, Natalia V.; Mazunin, Ilya O.; Eltsov, Nikolai P.; Dryomov, Stanislav V. & Starikovskaya, Elena B. (2012). Mitochondrial genome diversity in the tubalar, even, and ulchi: Contribution to prehistory of native siberians and their affinities to native americans. American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 148(1), 123-138.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup U5
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup U
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]