Haplogroup K3 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup K3 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|13||K3||150 195 235 560 7657 8188 9852T 14212 16093 16148 16153||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||K3||C150T T195C! A235G C560T T7657C A8188G A9852t T14212C T16093C C16148T G16153A||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||K3||C150T T195C! A235G C560T T7657C A8188G A9852t T14212C T16093C C16148T G16153A||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||K3||C150T T195C! A235G C560T T7657C A8188G A9852t T14212C T16093C C16148T G16153A||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||K3||C150T T195C! A235G C560T T7657C A8188G A9852t T14212C T16093C C16148T G16153A||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup K3 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5014027||Schönberg et al., 2011||K3||K3*||none||K3:310, 408A, 1888, 10493, 11088N, 15951, 16239, 16519|
|Hap5022972||Zheng et al., 2011||K3||none||K3:799, 6935, 16286, 16472C|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Schonberg, Anna; Theunert, Christoph; Li, Mingkun; Stoneking, Mark & Nasidze, Ivan (2011). High-throughput sequencing of complete human mtDNA genomes from the Caucasus and West Asia: high diversity and demographic inferences. European Journal of Human Genetics, 19(9), 988-994.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Zheng, H.X., Yan, S., Qin, Z.D., Wang, Y., Tan, J.Z., Li, H. and Jin, L. (2011). Major Population Expansion of East Asians Began before Neolithic Time: Evidence of mtDNA Genomes. PLoS ONE, 6(10), e25835+.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup K
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup K
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]