Haplogroup K1a5a is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup K1a5a Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||K1a5||524.1AC 4640 9647 16093 16362||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||K1a5||524.1AC 4640 9647 16093 16362||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|05||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||K1a5||4640 9647 16362||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||K1a5||C4640T T9647C T16362C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||K1a5||C4640T T9647C T16362C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||K1a5a||C4640T T9647C T16362C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||K1a5a||C4640T T9647C T16362C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup K1a5a Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5000356||Behar et al., 2006||K1a5a||K1a5a||K1a5a:11017||K1a5a:315.1C, 524.1AC|
|Hap5014303||Shlush et al., 2008||K1a5a||K1a5a||K1a5a:16093||K1a5a:315.1C, 524.1AC, 3200|
|Hap5014304||Shlush et al., 2008||K1a5a||K1a5a||none||K1a5a:315.1C, 524.1AC|
|Hap5019272||Costa et al., 2013||K1a5a||K1a5a||K1a5a:16093||K1a5a:315.1C, 524.1ACAC, 5752d, 13834|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, Doron M.; Metspalu, Ene; Kivisild, Toomas; Achilli, Alessandro; Hadid, Yarin; Tzur, Shay; Pereira, Luisa; Amorim, Antonio; Quintana-Murci, Lluis; Majamaa, Kari; Herrnstadt, Corinna; Howell, Neil; Balanovsky, Oleg; Kutuev, Ildus; Pshenichnov, Andrey (2006). The Matrilineal Ancestry of Ashkenazi Jewry: Portrait of a Recent Founder Event. American journal of human genetics, 78(3), 487-497.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Costa, M.D., Pereira, J.B., Pala, M., Fernandes, V., Olivieri, A., Achilli, A., Perego, U.A., Rychkov, S., Naumova, O., Hatina, J. and Woodward, S.R. (2013). A substantial prehistoric European ancestry amongst Ashkenazi maternal lineages. Nature Communications, 4, unpaged.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Shlush, L.I., Behar, D.M., Yudkovsky, G., Templeton, A., Hadid, Y., Basis, F., Hammer, M., Itzkovitz, S. and Skorecki, K. (2008). The Druze: a population genetic refugium of the Near East. PLoS ONE, 3(5), e2105+.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup K
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup K
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]