Haplogroup U1a1d is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup U1a1d Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|09||U1a4||16242 16362||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||U1a4||16242 16362||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||U1a4||16242 16362||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||U1a4||16242 16362||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||U1a4||16242 16362||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||U1a4||C16242T T16362C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||U1a4||C16242T T16362C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||U1a1d||C16242T T16362C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||U1a1d||C16242T T16362C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup U1a1d Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5000193||-||Argus Biosciences & Whyte 2007-2009||U1a1d||-||none||U1a1d:309.1CC, 315.1C, 8566, 10861, 11470, 15043, 16182C, 16183C, 16193.1C, 16519|
|Hap5003288||Behar et al., 2012b||U1a1d||U1a1d||none||U1a1d:309.1CC, 315.1C, 8566, 10861, 11470, 15043, 15671C, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5006741||D'Aurelio et al., 2010||U1a1d||U1a1d||U1a1d:285, 7581, 12308, 12372, 12879||U1a1d:309.1C, 315.1C, 4769, 6081, 7028, 8860, 8993G, 11653, 11928, 14766, 16182C, 16183C, 16294, 16519|
|Hap5007707||-||Greenspan et al., 2006 - 2016||U1a1d||-||none||U1a1d:309.1C, 315.1C, 8848, 12375, 13695, 16092, 16182C, 16183C, 16294, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Argus Biosciences, Whyte (2009). Directly Submitted Sequences from Argus Biosciences. Genome Research, unpublished, unpublished.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- D'aurelio, M., Vives-Bauza, C., Davidson, M.M. and Manfredi, G. (2010). Mitochondrial DNA background modifies the bioenergetics of NARP/MILS ATP6 mutant cells. Human Molecular Genetics, 19(2), 374-386.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- FamilyTreeDNA & Greenspan (2006). Sequences Directly Submited by FamilyTreeDNA on Customers’ Behalf. , -, -.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup U1
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup U1
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]