Haplogroup R9c is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 40,400 and 53,000 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup R9c Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|12||R9c1||951 6446 7861 8440 11002 11308 14227 15479 15734 16157 16256 16335||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||R9c1||7861 11002 15479 16157||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||R9c1||T7861C A11002G T15479C T16157C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||R9c1||T7861C A11002G T15479C T16157C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||R9c||T7861C A11002G T15479C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||R9c||T7861C A11002G T15479C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup R9c Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5018462||China, People's Republic of||Derenko et al., 2012||R9c||R9c*||R9c:146||R9c:44.1C, 150, 151, 309.1C, 315.1C, 5951, 10403, 12236, 12892, 15043, 16051, 16335, 16362, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Derenko, M., Malyarchuk, B., Denisova, G., Perkova, M., Rogalla, U., Grzybowski, T., Khusnutdinova, E., Dambueva, I. and Zakharov, I. (2012). Complete Mitochondrial DNA Analysis of Eastern Eurasian Haplogroups Rarely Found in Populations of Northern Asia and Eastern Europe. PLoS ONE, 7(2), e32179+.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup R
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup R
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]