Haplogroup T2b6 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 1,800 and 8,700 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup T2b6 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|05||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||T2b6||458 1709 9300 11533||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||T2b6||C458T G1709A G9300A C11533T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||T2b6||C458T G1709A G9300A C11533T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||T2b6||C458T G1709A G9300A C11533T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||T2b6||C458T G1709A G9300A C11533T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup T2b6 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5004715||Behar et al., 2012b||T2b6||T2b6-a*||T2b6:146||T2b6:315.1C, 13641|
|Hap5006675||Coble et al., 2004||T2b6||T2b6*||none||T2b6:309.1C, 315.1C|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Coble, M.D., Just,R.S., O'Callaghan, J.E., Letmanyi, I.H., Peterson,C.T., Irwin,J.A. and Parsons,T.J. (2004). Single nucleotide polymorphisms over the entire mtDNA genome that increase the power of forensic testing in Caucasians. International journal of legal medicine, (3),, 137-146.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup T2
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup T
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]