Haplogroup R0a2l is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 900 and 9,000 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup R0a2l Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|10||R0a2l||2179 7471d 14392||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||R0a2l||2179 7471d 14392||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||R0a2l||2179 7471d 14392||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||R0a2l||2179 7471d 14392||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||R0a2l||A2179G C7471d C14392T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||R0a2l||A2179G C7471d C14392T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||R0a2l||A2179G C7471d C14392T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||R0a2l||A2179G C7471d C14392T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup R0a2l Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5017420||Yemen||Černý et al., 2011||R0a2l||R0a2l||none||R0a2l:315.1C, 8951, 16291, 16519|
|Hap5017426||Yemen||Černý et al., 2011||R0a2l||R0a2l||none||R0a2l:315.1C, 16163, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Viktor Černý, Connie J. Mulligan, Verónica Fernandes, Nuno M. Silva, Farida Alshamali, Amy Non, Nourdin Harich, Lotfi Cherni, Amel Ben Ammar El Gaaied, Ali Al-Meeri and Luísa Pereira (2011). Internal Diversification of Mitochondrial Haplogroup R0a Reveals Post-Last Glacial Maximum Demographic Expansions in South Arabia. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 28(1), 71-78.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup R
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup R
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]