Haplogroup HV7 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 1,000 and 8,500 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup HV7 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||HV7||5471 14560 16519||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||HV7||5471 14560 16519||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|03||HV7||5471 14560||Released 1 Mar 2009|
|04||HV7||5471 14560||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||HV7||5471 14560||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||HV7||5471 14560||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||HV7||5471 14560||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||HV7||5471 14560||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||HV7||5471 14560||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||HV7||5471 14560||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||HV7||5471 14560||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||HV7||5471 14560||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||HV7||5471 14560||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||HV7||G5471A G14560A C16278T!||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||HV7||G5471A G14560A C16278T!||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||HV7||G5471A G14560A C16278T!||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||HV7||G5471A G14560A C16278T!||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup HV7 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5001266||Behar et al., 2012b||HV7||HV7||none||HV7:315.1C, 524.1ACAC, 930, 7948, 16304, 16519|
|Hap5001848||Behar et al., 2012b||HV7||HV7||HV7:146||HV7:315.1C, 523-524d, 12133, 12918, 14965|
|Hap5016056||Russia||HV7||HV7||none||HV7:93, 95C, 315.1C, 9344, 12684, 13191, 16274|
|Hap5022877||McMahon et al., 2000||HV7||HV7:146||HV7:248, 8167, 16160, 16212, 16238, 16278|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- McMahon, F.J., Chen, Y.S., Patel, S., Kokoszka, J., Brown, M.D., Torroni, A., DePaulo, J.R. and Wallace, D.C. (2000). Mitochondrial DNA Sequence Diversity in Bipolar Affective Disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry, 157(7), 1058-1064.
- Sokolov, A.S., Nedoluzhko, A.V., Boulygina, E.S., Tsygankova, S.V., Sharko, F.S., Gruzdeva, N.M., Shishlov, A.V., Kolpakova, A.V., Rezepkin, A.D., Skryabin, K.G. and Prokhortchouk, E.B. (2016). Six complete mitochondrial genomes from Early Bronze Age humans in the North Caucasus. Journal of Archaeological Science, 73, 138-144.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup H & HV
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup HV
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: Last updated: