Haplogroup H4a1a1a2 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup H4a1a1a2 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|14||H4a1a1a2||T14325C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||H4a1a1a2||T14325C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||H4a1a1a2||T14325C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||H4a1a1a2||T14325C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup H4a1a1a2 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5002890||-||Behar et al., 2012b||H4a1a1a2||-||none||H4a1a1a2:228T, 309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 4688, 5618, 8185, 8348, 11173, 13545, 16519|
|Hap5009984||-||Hinttala et al., 2006||H4a1a1a2||-||H4a1a1a2:146, 152, 195, 247, 5004, 16129, 16187, 16189, 16223, 16230, 16278, 16311||H4a1a1a2:1-522d, 11629, 16091-16569d|
|Hap5022813||Howell et al., 2003||H4a1a1a2||none||H4a1a1a2:13545, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Hinttala, R., Smeets, R., Moilanen, J.S., Ugalde, C., Uusimaa, J., Smeitink, J.A. and Majamaa, K. (2006). Analysis of mitochondrial DNA sequences in patients with isolated or combined oxidative phosphorylation system deficiency. Journal of Medical Genetics, 43(11), 881-886.
- Howell, N., Oostra, R.J., Bolhuis, P.A., Spruijt, L., Clarke, L.A., Mackey, D.A., Preston, G. and Herrnstadt, C. (2003). Sequence Analysis of the Mitochondrial Genomes from Dutch Pedigrees with Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy. American journal of human genetics, 72(6), 1460-1469.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup H & HV
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup H
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]