Haplogroup H20b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who started this branch lived at some point between recent generations and 2,800 years ago (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup H20b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|14||H20b||C2835T T10115C T14968C A15562G A15758G||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||H20b||C2835T T10115C T14968C A15562G A15758G||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||H20b||C2835T T10115C T14968C A15562G A15758G||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||H20b||C2835T T10115C T14968C A15562G A15758G||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup H20b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5014267||Shlush et al., 2008||none||H20b:309.1C, 315.1C, 16519|
|Hap5014270||Shlush et al., 2008||H20b:16187||H20b:309.1C, 315.1C, 8289.1CCCCCTCTA, 16187A, 16519|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hap10002328||United Kingdom||Myanmar||United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Hap10005309||Unspecified||United States||United States||United States|
|Hap10014118||United States||United States||United States||United States|
|Hap10015877||United States||United States||United States||United States|
|Hap10029021||United States||United States||United States||United States|
|Hap10037076||United States||United States||United States||United States|
|Hap10039198||United States||United States||United States||United States|
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Shlush, L.I., Behar, D.M., Yudkovsky, G., Templeton, A., Hadid, Y., Basis, F., Hammer, M., Itzkovitz, S. and Skorecki, K. (2008). The Druze: a population genetic refugium of the Near East. PLoS ONE, 3(5), e2105+.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup H & HV
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup H
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am