Haplogroup B5a2a1 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup B5a2a1 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|05||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||B5a2a||12234 16187||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||B5a2a1||12234 16187||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||B5a2a1||A12234G C16187T!||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||B5a2a1||A12234G C16187T!||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||B5a2a1||A12234G C16187T!||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||B5a2a1||A12234G C16187T!||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup B5a2a1 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5010209||China, People's Republic of||Jiang et al., 2014||B5a2a1||B5a2a1-a*||B5a2a1:16129||B5a2a1:315.1C, 523-524d, 9531, 16180, 16261, 16266G|
|Hap5010236||China, People's Republic of||Jiang et al., 2014||B5a2a1||B5a2a1a||none||B5a2a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 9189, 13422, 14861, 16184, 16256, 16266G|
|Hap5014586||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||B5a2a1||B5a2a1b||B5a2a1:16129||B5a2a1:315.1C, 523-524d, 14158, 16266A|
|Hap5014774||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||B5a2a1||B5a2a1b||B5a2a1:146, 16129||B5a2a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 5021, 14158, 16266A|
|Hap5014875||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||B5a2a1||B5a2a1b||B5a2a1:16129||B5a2a1:309.1CC, 315.1C, 523-524d, 2550T, 14158, 16266A|
|Hap5015104||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||B5a2a1||B5a2a1b||B5a2a1:16129||B5a2a1:309.1CC, 315.1C, 523-524d, 14158, 16266A|
|Hap5015752||Wang CY et al., 2007||B5a2a1||B5a2a1a||none||B5a2a1:315.1C, 523-524d, 2275Y, 9189, 13422, 14861, 16256, 16266G|
|Hap5015753||Wang CY et al., 2007||B5a2a1||B5a2a1a||none||B5a2a1:315.1C, 523-524d, 9189, 13422, 14861, 16256, 16266G|
|Hap5015754||Wang CY et al., 2007||B5a2a1||B5a2a1a||none||B5a2a1:315.1C, 523-524d, 9189, 13422, 14861, 16256, 16266G|
|Hap5018835||Zhang W and Yao 2014||B5a2a1||B5a2a1-a*||B5a2a1:16129||B5a2a1:315.1C, 508, 523-524d, 14581, 15058, 15758, 16093, 16266G, 16319|
|Hap5022413||Zheng et al., 2011||B5a2a1||B5a2a1:709, 16129||B5a2a1:310N, 523-524d, 4769, 8860, 14158, 16266A|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- - (2014). A Direct Submission to GenBank by Jiang et al., in 2014. , unpublished, unpublished.
- Tanaka, M., Cabrera, V.M., González, A.M., Larruga, J.M., Takeyasu, T., Fuku, N., Guo, L.J., Hirose, R., Fujita, Y., Kurata, M. & Shinoda, K.I. (2004). Mitochondrial Genome Variation in Eastern Asia and the Peopling of Japan. Genome Research, 14(10a), 1832-1850.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Wang, C.Y., Wang, H.W., Yao, Y.G., Kong, Q.P. and Zhang, Y.P. (2007). Somatic mutations of mitochondrial genome in early stage breast cancer. International journal of cancer, 121(6), 1253-1256.
- Zhang W and Yao (2014). A Direct Submission to GenBank by Zhang W and Yao 2014. , unpublished, unpublished.
- Zheng, H.X., Yan, S., Qin, Z.D., Wang, Y., Tan, J.Z., Li, H. and Jin, L. (2011). Major Population Expansion of East Asians Began before Neolithic Time: Evidence of mtDNA Genomes. PLoS ONE, 6(10), e25835+.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup B
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup B
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]