Haplogroup N8 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup N8 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|12||N8||103 151 152 260 930 2760 3027 3565 7885 7961 8188 9309 10398 13710 15211 15746 15924 16263 16274 16311 16343 16357||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||N8||103 151 152 260 930 2760 3027 3565 7885 7961 8188 9309 10398 13710 15211 15746 15924 16263 16274 16311 16343 16357||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||N8||G103A C151T T152C! G260A G930A A2760G T3027C A3565G T7885C T7961C A8188G T9309C A10398G! A13710G C15211T A15746G A15924G T16263C G16274A T16311C! A16343G T16357C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||N8||G103A C151T T152C! G260A G930A A2760G T3027C A3565G T7885C T7961C A8188G T9309C A10398G! A13710G C15211T A15746G A15924G T16263C G16274A T16311C! A16343G T16357C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||N8||A2760G T3027C T7885C T7961C A8188G A10398G! A13710G C15211T T16263C G16274A T16311C! A16343G||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||N8||A2760G T3027C T7885C T7961C A8188G A10398G! A13710G C15211T T16263C G16274A T16311C! A16343G||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup N8 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5014419||Summerer et al., 2012||N8:195, 16129||N8:309.1C, 315.1C, 573.1XC, 4924, 5120, 16318T|
|Hap5017248||Kong et al., 2011||N8:152||N8:103, 151, 260, 315.1C, 930, 3565, 9309, 15746, 15924, 16357|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Kong, Qing-Peng; Sun, Chang; Wang, Hua-Wei; Zhao, Mian; Wang, Wen-Zhi; Zhong, Li; Hao, Xiao-Dan; Pan, Hui; Wang, Sha-Yan; Cheng, Yao-Ting; Zhu, Chun-Ling; Wu, Shi-Fang; Liu, Li-Na; Jin, Jie-Qiong; Yao, Yong-Gang & Zhang, Ya-Ping (2011). Large-Scale mtDNA Screening Reveals a Surprising Matrilineal Complexity in East Asia and Its Implications to the Peopling of the Region. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 28(1), 513-522.
- Summerer, M., Horst, J., Erhart, G., Weißensteiner, H., Schönherr, S., Pacher, D., Forer, L., Horst, D., Manhart, A., Horst, B. and Sanguansermsri, T. (2012). Large-scale mitochondrial DNA analysis in Southeast Asia reveals evolutionary effects of cultural isolation in the multi-ethnic population of Myanmar. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 14(1), 1.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup N
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup N
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am