Haplogroup N1a1a1a1 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup N1a1a1a1 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||N1a1a||2702 8164||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||N1a1a||2702 8164||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|04||N1a1a||2702 8164 9300||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||N1a1a||2702 8164 9300||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||N1a1a||2702! 8164 9300||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||N1a1a||2702! 8164 9300||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||N1a1a||2702! 8164 9300||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||N1a1a||2702! 8164 9300||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|11||N1a1a1||2702! 8164 9300||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||N1a1a1||2702! 8164 9300||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|14||N1a1a1||A2702G! C8164T G9300A||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||N1a1a1a1||A2702G! C8164T G9300A||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||N1a1a1a1||A2702G! C8164T G9300A||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||N1a1a1a1||A2702G! C8164T G9300A||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup N1a1a1a1 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5009094||Italy||Gasparre et al., 2007||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||N1a1a1a1:573.1XC||N1a1a1a1:152, 315.1C, 574C, 2410, 15774, 16147A|
|Hap5013756||Finland||Raule et al., 2014||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||N1a1a1a1:573.1XC||N1a1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 15758, 16147A|
|Hap5015924||Russia||Derenko et al., 2007||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||N1a1a1a1:573.1XC||N1a1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 11167, 16147A|
|Hap5015925||Czech Republic||Derenko et al., 2007||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||N1a1a1a1:573.1XC||N1a1a1a1:315.1C, 13248A, 16147A|
|Hap5016822||Russia||Malyarchuk et al., 2010a||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||N1a1a1a1:573.1XC||N1a1a1a1:315.1C, 574C, 16147A|
|Hap5016844||Palanichamy et al., 2010||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||none||N1a1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 13560S, 15953T, 16147A|
|Hap5016846||Palanichamy et al., 2010||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||none||N1a1a1a1:151, 309.1C, 315.1C, 5939, 7720, 16147A|
|Hap5016853||Palanichamy et al., 2010||N1a1a1a1||N1a1a1a1*||none||N1a1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 16147A|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Derenko, M., Malyarchuk, B., Grzybowski, T., Denisova, G., Dambueva, I., Perkova, M., Dorzhu, C., Luzina, F., Lee, H.K., Vanecek, T. and Villems, R. (2007). Phylogeographic Analysis of Mitochondrial DNA in Northern Asian Populations. American journal of human genetics, 81(5), 1025-1041.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Gasparre, G., Porcelli, A.M., Bonora, E., Pennisi, L.F., Toller, M., Iommarini, L., Ghelli, A., Moretti, M., Betts, C.M., Martinelli, G.N. and Ceroni, A.R. (2007). Disruptive mitochondrial DNA mutations in complex I subunits are markers of oncocytic phenotype in thyroid tumors. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 104(21), 9001-9006.
- Malyarchuk, B., Derenko, M., Grzybowski, T., Perkova, M., Rogalla, U., Vanecek, T. and Tsybovsky, I. (2010). The Peopling of Europe from the Mitochondrial Haplogroup U5 Perspective. PLoS ONE, 5(4), e10285+.
- Palanichamy, Malliya; Zhang, Cai L.; Mitra, Bikash; Malyarchuk, Boris; Derenko, Miroslava; Chaudhuri, Tapas & Zhang, Ya P. (2010). Mitochondrial haplogroup N1a phylogeography, with implication to the origin of European farmers. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 10(1), 304+.
- Raule, N., Sevini, F., Li, S., Barbieri, A., Tallaro, F., Lomartire, L., Vianello, D., Montesanto, A., Moilanen, J.S., Bezrukov, V. and Blanché, H. (2014). The co-occurrence of mtDNA mutations on different oxidative phosphorylation subunits, not detected by haplogroup analysis, affects human longevity and is population specific. Aging cell, 13(3), 401-407.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup N
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup N
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]