Haplogroup A5b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who founded this line lived between 3,900 and 12,400 years ago (Behar et al., 2012b).
National Geographic Geno 2.0 Information
This information comes from the 2012 update of the National Geographic Genographic Project website.
mtDNA Haplogroup A5b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||A5b||961 1709 16126 16235||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||A5b||961 1709 16126 16235||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|03||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 1 Mar 2009|
|04||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||A5b||961 965.1CC 1709 10637 16126||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||A5b||961 (965.1C) 1709 16126 (16235)||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||A5b||T961C (965.XC) G1709A T16126C (A16235G)||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||A5b||T961C 965.XC||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||A5b||T961C 965.XC||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||A5b||T961C 965.XC||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup A5b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5018156||-||Liu et al., 2012||A5b||-||A5b:16189||A5b:309.1C, 315.1C, 318, 523-524d, 8659, 13260, 16124, 16189.1T|
|Hap5018249||-||Liu et al., 2012||A5b||-||A5b:16189||A5b:309.1C, 315.1C, 318, 523-524d, 8659, 13260, 16124, 16189.1T|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Liu, J., Wang, L.D., Sun, Y.B., Li, E.M., Xu, L.Y., Zhang, Y.P., Yao, Y.G. and Kong, Q.P. (2012). Deciphering the Signature of Selective Constraints on Cancerous Mitochondrial Genome. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29(4), 1255-1261.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup A2
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup A
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places: Japan
Last Updated: [lastupdated]