Haplogroup E1a1a1 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who founded this line lived between 2,200 and 8,100 years ago (Behar et al 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup E1a1a1 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||E1a1a||16291||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||E1a1a||16291||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|04||E1a1a||16291||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||E1a1a||16291||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||E1a1a||16291||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||E1a1a||16291||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||E1a1a||16291||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||E1a1a||16291||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||E1a1a||16291||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||E1a1a||16291||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|11||E1a1a1||8843||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||E1a1a||16291||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||E1a1a||16291||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||E1a1a||C16291T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|14||E1a1a1||T8843C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||E1a1a||C16291T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||E1a1a||C16291T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||E1a1a1||C16291T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup E1a1a1 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5006879||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 4716N, 12857N, 16297|
|Hap5006885||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1N, 310, 15110N|
|Hap5006888||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1CC, 315.1C, 3521N, 16172|
|Hap5007009||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||E1a1a1:16189||E1a1a1:309.1CC, 315.1C, 1780, 4716N, 16266|
|Hap5007012||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 710N, 2792N, 16266|
|Hap5007048||Philippines||Delfin et al., 2014||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||E1a1a1:13254, 13626||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 6975N, 13254N, 13626N, 13759N|
|Hap5008536||-||Greenspan et al., 2006 - 2016||E1a1a1||-||E1a1a1:146, 16189||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 14016, 16086|
|Hap5012314||Pradutkanchana et al., 2011||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a1*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 961, 965.1XC, 5777|
|Hap5012338||Pradutkanchana et al., 2011||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a1a||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 961, 965.1XC, 5777, 12850|
|Hap5012343||Pradutkanchana et al., 2011||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a1*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 961, 965.1XC, 5777|
|Hap5012347||Pradutkanchana et al., 2011||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a1a||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 961, 965.1XC, 5777, 12850|
|Hap5012348||Pradutkanchana et al., 2011||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a1*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 961, 965.1XC, 5777|
|Hap5015729||Soares et al., 2008||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||E1a1a1:16189||E1a1a1:309.1CC, 315.1C, 3736, 11075, 16183C, 16193.1C, 16519|
|Hap5015870||Indonesia||Soares et al., 2008||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||E1a1a1:16311||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 5471, 8149, 12723|
|Hap5015871||Indonesia||Soares et al., 2008||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||E1a1a1:152, 16189||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C|
|Hap5015874||Indonesia||Soares et al., 2008||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1C, 315.1C, 7418|
|Hap5017093||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:310d, 11311|
|Hap5017097||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:8497N, 9478N, 11311, 12418N, 14504N|
|Hap5017119||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:310d, 11311, 12857N|
|Hap5017126||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:257N, 310d, 11311|
|Hap5017127||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:310d, 10310N, 13934|
|Hap5017128||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:310d, 712A, 718-742d, 789-811d, 13934|
|Hap5017133||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:257N, 310d, 13934|
|Hap5017149||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:257N, 310d, 13934|
|Hap5017150||Gunnarsdóttir et al., 2011a||E1a1a1||E1a1a1a*||none||E1a1a1:309.1CN, 310, 6014N, 9004N, 13934|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Delfin, F., Ko, A.M.S., Li, M., Gunnarsdóttir, E.D., Tabbada, K.A., Salvador, J.M., Calacal, G.C., Sagum, M.S., Datar, F.A., Padilla, S.G. and De Ungria, M.C.A. (2014). Complete mtDNA genomes of Filipino ethnolinguistic groups: a melting pot of recent and ancient lineages in the Asia-Pacific region. European Journal of Human Genetics, 22(2), 228-237.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- FamilyTreeDNA & Greenspan (2006). Sequences Directly Submited by FamilyTreeDNA on Customers’ Behalf. , -, -.
- Gunnarsdóttir, E.D., Li, M., Bauchet, M., Finstermeier, K. and Stoneking, M. (2011). High-throughput sequencing of complete human mtDNA genomes from the Philippines. Genome Research, 21(1), 1-11.
- Gunnarsdóttir, E.D., Nandineni, M.R., Li, M., Myles, S., Gil, D., Pakendorf, B. and Stoneking, M. (2011). Larger mitochondrial DNA than Y-chromosome differences between matrilocal and patrilocal groups from Sumatra. Nature Communications, 2, 228.
- - (2011). A Direct Submission to GenBank by Pradutkanchana et al., 2011. , unpublished, unpublished.
- - (2008). A Direct Submission to GenBank by Soares et al., 2008. , unpublished, unpublished.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup E
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]