Haplogroup D5b1b1 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who founded this line lived between 100 and 4,500 years ago (Behar et al 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup D5b1b1 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|04||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||D5b1b1||2416 7220 16216||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||D5b1b1||T2416C T7220C A16216G||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||D5b1b1||T2416C T7220C A16216G||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||D5b1b1||T2416C T7220C A16216G||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||D5b1b1||T2416C T7220C A16216G||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup D5b1b1 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5014668||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||D5b1b1||D5b1b1||none||D5b1b1:309.1C, 315.1C, 13224, 16252C|
|Hap5015094||Japan||Tanaka et al., 2004||D5b1b1||D5b1b1||none||D5b1b1:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d|
|Hap5015297||Ueno et al., 2009||D5b1b1||D5b1b1||D5b1b1:146||D5b1b1:309.1C, 315.1C, 16093|
|Hap5022555||Zheng et al., 2011||D5b1b1||none||D5b1b1:103, 310N, 4695|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Tanaka, M., Cabrera, V.M., González, A.M., Larruga, J.M., Takeyasu, T., Fuku, N., Guo, L.J., Hirose, R., Fujita, Y., Kurata, M. & Shinoda, K.I. (2004). Mitochondrial Genome Variation in Eastern Asia and the Peopling of Japan. Genome Research, 14(10a), 1832-1850.
- Ueno, H., Nishigaki, Y., Kong, Q.P., Fuku, N., Kojima, S., Iwata, N., Ozaki, N. and Tanaka, M. (2009). Analysis of mitochondrial DNA variants in Japanese patients with schizophrenia. Mitochondrion, 9(6), 385-393.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Zheng, H.X., Yan, S., Qin, Z.D., Wang, Y., Tan, J.Z., Li, H. and Jin, L. (2011). Major Population Expansion of East Asians Began before Neolithic Time: Evidence of mtDNA Genomes. PLoS ONE, 6(10), e25835+.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup D
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup D
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]