Haplogroup D5a3a1a is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup D5a3a1a Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|15||D5a3a1a||G8838A T16126C T16136C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||D5a3a1a||G8838A T16126C T16136C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||D5a3a1a||G8838A T16126C T16136C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup D5a3a1a Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5001622||Behar et al., 2012b||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a:146||D5a3a1a:309.1C, 315.1C, 16182C, 16183C, 16189, 16519|
|Hap5007285||-||Greenspan et al., 2006 - 2016||D5a3a1a||-||D5a3a1a:146||D5a3a1a:309.1CC, 315.1C, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5012676||Finland||Raule et al., 2014||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a||none||D5a3a1a:310, 311.1T, 523-524d, 16182C, 16183C, 16194C, 16195, 16519|
|Hap5013303||Finland||Raule et al., 2014||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a:14783, 15043, 15301||D5a3a1a:309.1CC, 315.1C, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5014387||Starikovskaya et al., 2005||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a||none||D5a3a1a:309.1CC, 315.1C, 1438, 10685, 12811, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5016661||Russia||Derenko et al., 2010||D5a3a1a||D5a3a1a||none||D5a3a1a:309.1C, 315.1C, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Derenko, Miroslava; Malyarchuk, Boris; Grzybowski, Tomasz; Denisova, Galina; Rogalla, Urszula; Perkova, Maria; Dambueva, Irina & Zakharov, Ilia (2010). Origin and Post-Glacial Dispersal of Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroups C and D in Northern Asia. PLoS ONE, 5(12), e15214+.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- FamilyTreeDNA & Greenspan (2006). Sequences Directly Submited by FamilyTreeDNA on Customers’ Behalf. , -, -.
- Raule, N., Sevini, F., Li, S., Barbieri, A., Tallaro, F., Lomartire, L., Vianello, D., Montesanto, A., Moilanen, J.S., Bezrukov, V. and Blanché, H. (2014). The co-occurrence of mtDNA mutations on different oxidative phosphorylation subunits, not detected by haplogroup analysis, affects human longevity and is population specific. Aging cell, 13(3), 401-407.
- Starikovskaya, E.B., Sukernik, R.I., Derbeneva, O.A., Volodko, N.V., Ruiz‐Pesini, E., Torroni, A., Brown, M.D., Lott, M.T., Hosseini, S.H., Huoponen, K. and Wallace, D.C. (2005). Mitochondrial DNA Diversity in Indigenous Populations of the Southern Extent of Siberia, and the Origins of Native American Haplogroups. Annals of Human Genetics, 69(1), 67-89.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup D
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup D
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]