Haplogroup D5a2a1b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who founded this line lived between 900 and 8,700 years ago (Behar et al 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup D5a2a1b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|07||D5a2a2||3528||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||D5a2a2||3528||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||D5a2a1b||3528||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||D5a2a1b||3528||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||D5a2a1b||3528||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||D5a2a1b||3528||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||D5a2a1b||3528||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||D5a2a1b||C3528T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||D5a2a1b||C3528T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||D5a2a1b||C3528T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||D5a2a1b||C3528T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup D5a2a1b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5005826||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||none||D5a2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 5093, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5005837||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||none||D5a2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 5582, 6975, 15250, 16182C, 16183C, 16390|
|Hap5005840||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||none||D5a2a1b:315.1C, 523-524d, 5582, 6975, 15250, 16182C, 16183C, 16390|
|Hap5011265||Ko et al., 2014||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||D5a2a1b:16092||D5a2a1b:870, 15885, 16093, 16189, 16519|
|Hap5011308||Ko et al., 2014||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b1||none||D5a2a1b:22, 2404, 11974T, 16148, 16167, 16189, 16293, 16519|
|Hap5016440||Ji F et al., 2012||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||none||D5a2a1b:8479, 16519|
|Hap5018157||Liu et al., 2012||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b1||D5a2a1b:146||D5a2a1b:315.1C, 523-524d, 15254, 15326, 16167, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5018250||Liu et al., 2012||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b1||D5a2a1b:146||D5a2a1b:315.1C, 523-524d, 15326, 16167, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5022145||China, People's Republic of||Kong et al., 2003||D5a2a1b||D5a2a1b*||none||D5a2a1b:315.1C, 523-524d, 10364, 11365, 16182C, 16183C, 16519|
|Hap5022552||Zheng et al., 2011||D5a2a1b||none||D5a2a1b:523-524d, 16086N, 16182-16183d, 16189.1T, 16260, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Chandrasekar, A., Kumar, S., Sreenath, J., Sarkar, B.N., Urade, B.P., Mallick, S., Bandopadhyay, S.S., Barua, P., Barik, S.S., Basu, D. and Kiran, U. (2009). Updating Phylogeny of Mitochondrial DNA Macrohaplogroup M in India: Dispersal of Modern Human in South Asian Corridor. PLoS ONE, 4(10), e7447+.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Ji, F., Sharpley, M.S., Derbeneva, O., Alves, L.S., Qian, P., Wang, Y., Chalkia, D., Lvova, M., Xu, J., Yao, W. and Simon, M. (2012). Mitochondrial DNA variant associated with Leber hereditary optic neuropathy and high-altitude Tibetans. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(19), 7391-7396.
- Ko, A.M.S., Chen, C.Y., Fu, Q., Delfin, F., Li, M., Chiu, H.L., Stoneking, M. and Ko, Y.C. (2014). Early Austronesians: Into and Out Of Taiwan. American journal of human genetics, 94(3), 426-436.
- Kong, Q.P., Yao, Y.G., Sun, C., Bandelt, H.J., Zhu, C.L. and Zhang, Y.P. (2003). Phylogeny of East Asian Mitochondrial DNA Lineages Inferred from Complete Sequences. The American Journal of Human Genetics, 73(3), 671-676.
- Liu, J., Wang, L.D., Sun, Y.B., Li, E.M., Xu, L.Y., Zhang, Y.P., Yao, Y.G. and Kong, Q.P. (2012). Deciphering the Signature of Selective Constraints on Cancerous Mitochondrial Genome. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29(4), 1255-1261.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Zheng, H.X., Yan, S., Qin, Z.D., Wang, Y., Tan, J.Z., Li, H. and Jin, L. (2011). Major Population Expansion of East Asians Began before Neolithic Time: Evidence of mtDNA Genomes. PLoS ONE, 6(10), e25835+.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup D
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup D
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]