Haplogroup D4j10 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who started this branch lived at some point between recent generations and 5,500 years ago (Behar et al 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup D4j10 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|09||D4j10||7445C 13086 13368 14128||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|09||D4j5||14488||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||D4j10||7445C 13086 13368 14128||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|10||D4j5||14488||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||D4j10||14488||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||D4j10||14488||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||D4j10||14488||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||D4j10||T14488C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||D4j10||T14488C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||D4j10||T14488C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||D4j10||T14488C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup D4j10 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5014008||Schönberg et al., 2011||D4j10||D4j10*||none||D4j10:310, 7677, 16519|
|Hap5015542||Russia||Volodko et al., 2008||D4j10||D4j10*||none||D4j10:309.1C, 315.1C, 16519|
|Hap5015544||Russia||Volodko et al., 2008||D4j10||D4j10*||none||D4j10:309.1C, 315.1C, 16519|
|Hap5015545||Russia||Volodko et al., 2008||D4j10||D4j10*||none||D4j10:309.1C, 315.1C, 16519|
|Hap5016534||Russia||Derenko et al., 2010||D4j10||D4j10a||none||D4j10:309.1C, 315.1C, 12957, 16519|
|Hap5016562||China, People's Republic of||Derenko et al., 2010||D4j10||D4j10a||none||D4j10:309.1C, 315.1C, 12957, 16519|
|Hap5016628||Russia||Derenko et al., 2010||D4j10||D4j10a||none||D4j10:309.1CC, 315.1C, 12957, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Derenko, Miroslava; Malyarchuk, Boris; Grzybowski, Tomasz; Denisova, Galina; Rogalla, Urszula; Perkova, Maria; Dambueva, Irina & Zakharov, Ilia (2010). Origin and Post-Glacial Dispersal of Mitochondrial DNA Haplogroups C and D in Northern Asia. PLoS ONE, 5(12), e15214+.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Schonberg, Anna; Theunert, Christoph; Li, Mingkun; Stoneking, Mark & Nasidze, Ivan (2011). High-throughput sequencing of complete human mtDNA genomes from the Caucasus and West Asia: high diversity and demographic inferences. European Journal of Human Genetics, 19(9), 988-994.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Volodko, N.V., Starikovskaya, E.B., Mazunin, I.O., Eltsov, N.P., Naidenko, P.V., Wallace, D.C. and Sukernik, R.I. (2008). Mitochondrial Genome Diversity in Arctic Siberians, with Particular Reference to the Evolutionary History of Beringia and Pleistocenic Peopling of the Americas. American journal of human genetics, 82(5), p10841100.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup D
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup D
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]