Haplogroup M73 is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 26,900 and 39,500 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup M73 Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|06||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655 14034 16278||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655 14034 16278||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655 14034 16278||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655 14034 16278||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655 14034 16278||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||M73||2263A 2352 3396 3399T 5655||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||M73||C2263a T2352C T3396C A3399t T5655C||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||M73||C2263a T2352C T3396C A3399t T5655C||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||M73||C2263a T2352C T3396C A3399t T5655C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||M73||C2263a T2352C T3396C A3399t T5655C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup M73 Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup M
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup M
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]