Haplogroup M71b is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup M71b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|11||M71b||151 3777 7055 9548 13149 16260 16264||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||M71b||151 3777 7055 9548 13149 16260 16264||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||M71b||151 3777 7055 9548 13149 16260 16264||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||M71b||C151T T3777C A7055G G9548A A13149G C16260T C16264T||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||M71b||C151T T3777C A7055G G9548A A13149G C16260T C16264T||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||M71b||T3777C A7055G G9548A A13149G C16260T C16264T||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||M71b||T3777C A7055G G9548A A13149G C16260T C16264T||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup M71b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5017207||Kong et al., 2011||M71b||M71b||M71b:16129||M71b:309.1CC, 315.1C, 524.1AC, 15229, 16360|
|Hap5017211||Kong et al., 2011||M71b||M71b||M71b:16189||M71b:309.1CC, 315.1C, 524.1AC, 11608, 15836|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Kong, Qing-Peng; Sun, Chang; Wang, Hua-Wei; Zhao, Mian; Wang, Wen-Zhi; Zhong, Li; Hao, Xiao-Dan; Pan, Hui; Wang, Sha-Yan; Cheng, Yao-Ting; Zhu, Chun-Ling; Wu, Shi-Fang; Liu, Li-Na; Jin, Jie-Qiong; Yao, Yong-Gang & Zhang, Ya-Ping (2011). Large-Scale mtDNA Screening Reveals a Surprising Matrilineal Complexity in East Asia and Its Implications to the Peopling of the Region. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 28(1), 513-522.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup M
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup M
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]