Haplogroup M7b1a1b is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup M7b1a1b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|09||M7b4||204 3483 16129!||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||M7b4||204 3483 16129!||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||M7b4||204 3483 16129!||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||M7b4||204 3483 16129!||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||M7b4||204 3483 16129!||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||M7b4||T204C G3483A A16129G!!||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||M7b4||T204C G3483A A16129G!!||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||M7b1a1b||T204C G3483A A16129G!!||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||M7b1a1b||T204C G3483A A16129G!!||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup M7b1a1b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5011340||Ko et al., 2014||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||none||M7b1a1b:16327, 16519|
|Hap5011417||Ko et al., 2014||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||none||M7b1a1b:16519|
|Hap5011723||Philippines||Loo et al., 2011||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||M7b1a1b:152, 11914||M7b1a1b:309.1CC, 315.1C, 7052, 7142, 10310, 12007|
|Hap5015599||Zou et al., 2010||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||M7b1a1b:150||M7b1a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 5153, 16519|
|Hap5020165||China, Republic of (Taiwan)||Trejaut et al., 2011||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||none||M7b1a1b:315.1C, 5918, 13074, 16327, 16519|
|Hap5022142||China, People's Republic of||Kong et al., 2003||M7b1a1b||M7b1a1b*||none||M7b1a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 7702, 9681, 16301, 16519|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Ko, A.M.S., Chen, C.Y., Fu, Q., Delfin, F., Li, M., Chiu, H.L., Stoneking, M. and Ko, Y.C. (2014). Early Austronesians: Into and Out Of Taiwan. American journal of human genetics, 94(3), 426-436.
- Kong, Q.P., Yao, Y.G., Sun, C., Bandelt, H.J., Zhu, C.L. and Zhang, Y.P. (2003). Phylogeny of East Asian Mitochondrial DNA Lineages Inferred from Complete Sequences. The American Journal of Human Genetics, 73(3), 671-676.
- Loo, J.H., Trejaut, J.A., Yen, J.C., Chen, Z.S., Lee, C.L. and Lin, M. (2011). Genetic affinities between the Yami tribe people of Orchid Island and the Philippine Islanders of the Batanes archipelago. BMC Genetics, 12(1), 1.
- Trejaut, J., Lee, C.L., Yen, J.C., Loo, J.H. and Lin, M. (2011). Ancient migration routes of Austronesian-speaking populations in oceanic Southeast Asia and Melanesia might mimic the spread of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Chinese journal of cancer, 30(2), 96-105.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Zou, Y., Jia, X., Zhang, A.M., Wang, W.Z., Li, S., Guo, X., Kong, Q.P., Zhang, Q. and Yao, Y.G. (2010). The MT-ND1 and MT-ND5 genes are mutational hotspots for Chinese families with clinical features of LHON but lacking the three primary mutations. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 399(2), 179-185.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup M
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup M
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]