Haplogroup M65b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 2,700 and 14,700 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
mtDNA Haplogroup M65b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|07||M4b2||241 3398 8865||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||M4b2||241 3398 8865||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||M4b2||241 3398 8865||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||M4b2||241 3398 8865||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||M65b||241 3398 8865||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||M65b||241 3398 8865||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||M65b||241 3398 8865||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||M65b||A241G T3398C G8865A||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||M65b||A241G T3398C G8865A||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||M65b||A241G T3398C G8865A||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||M65b||A241G T3398C G8865A||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup M65b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5005926||-||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||M65b||-||none||M65b:315.1C, 7885, 14207, 16010d, 16093, 16320|
|Hap5005928||-||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||M65b||-||none||M65b:315.1C, 7885, 16093, 16320|
|Hap5005929||-||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||M65b||-||none||M65b:315.1C, 7885, 16093, 16320|
|Hap5005930||-||Chandrasekar et al., 2009||M65b||-||none||M65b:315.1C, 7885, 16093, 16320|
|Hap5014445||-||Sun et al., 2006||M65b||-||none||M65b:309.1C, 315.1C, 372.1T, 523-524d, 8839, 12429|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Chandrasekar, A., Kumar, S., Sreenath, J., Sarkar, B.N., Urade, B.P., Mallick, S., Bandopadhyay, S.S., Barua, P., Barik, S.S., Basu, D. and Kiran, U. (2009). Updating Phylogeny of Mitochondrial DNA Macrohaplogroup M in India: Dispersal of Modern Human in South Asian Corridor. PLoS ONE, 4(10), e7447+.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Sun, C., Kong, Q.P., gounder Palanichamy, M., Agrawal, S., Bandelt, H.J., Yao, Y.G., Khan, F., Zhu, C.L., Chaudhuri, T.K. and Zhang, Y.P. (2006). The Dazzling Array of Basal Branches in the mtDNA Macrohaplogroup M from India as Inferred from Complete Genomes. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 23(3), .
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup M
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup M
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]