Haplogroup L1b1a12b is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup L1b1a12b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|15||L1b1a12b||A7298G T16187C G16293A!||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||L1b1a12b||A7298G T16187C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||L1b1a12b||A7298G T16187C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup L1b1a12b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing results over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Origin||Publication||Hg BLD16||Hg BLD17||Hg YFull||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5005289||Behar et al., 2012b||L1b1a12b||L1b1a12b*||L1b1a12b:16293||L1b1a12b:315.1C, 523-524d|
|Hap5011831||Mielnik-Sikorska et al., 2013||L1b1a12b||L1b1a12b1||L1b1a12b:7389, 16293||L1b1a12b:315.1C, 522A, 7389A, 12172.1A, 14212, 16092, 16175|
|Hap5015936||Russia||Malyarchuk et al., 2008b||L1b1a12b||L1b1a12b1||L1b1a12b:16293||L1b1a12b:152, 315.1C, 523-524d, 3915, 14212, 15725, 16175|
Sources & Resources
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Malyarchuk, B.A., Derenko, M., Perkova, M., Grzybowski, T., Vanecek, T. and Lazur, J. (2008). Reconstructing the phylogeny of African mitochondrial DNA lineages in Slavs. European Journal of Human Genetics, 16(9), 1091-1096.
- Mielnik-Sikorska, M., Daca, P., Malyarchuk, B., Derenko, M., Skonieczna, K., Perkova, M., Dobosz, T. and Grzybowski, T. (2013). The History of Slavs Inferred from Complete Mitochondrial Genome Sequences. PLoS ONE, 8(1), e54360+.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan’s mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan’s Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick’s mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup L1
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup L1
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: [lastupdated]