Haplogroup L0d2a1b is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
mtDNA Haplogroup L0d2a1b Phylotree History
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|16||L0d2a1b||C463T T7861C T16187C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||L0d2a1b||C463T T7861C T16187C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
mtDNA Haplogroup L0d2a1b Data Sources
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5005804||Chan et al., 2015||none||L0d2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 3325A, 14189|
|Hap5015411||van der Walt et al. 2012||none||L0d2a1b:523-524d, 14189|
|Hap5020350||Barbieri et al., 2013b||none||L0d2a1b:310, 523-524d, 14189|
|Hap5020352||Barbieri et al., 2013b||none||L0d2a1b:309d, 315.1C, 523-524d, 4904A, 7076N, 10673|
|Hap5020413||Barbieri et al., 2013b||none||L0d2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d|
|Hap5020414||Barbieri et al., 2013b||L0d2a1b:12810||L0d2a1b:315.1C, 523-524d, 12810N|
|Hap5020428||Barbieri et al., 2013b||none||L0d2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d|
|Hap5020434||Barbieri et al., 2013b||none||L0d2a1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 523-524d, 16183N|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
Sources & Resources
- Barbieri, C., Vicente, M., Rocha, J., Mpoloka, S.W., Stoneking, M. and Pakendorf, B. (2013). Ancient Substructure in Early mtDNA Lineages of Southern Africa. American journal of human genetics, 92(2), 285-292.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American journal of human genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Chan, E.K., Hardie, R.A., Petersen, D.C., Beeson, K., Bornman, R.M., Smith, A.B. and Hayes, V.M. (2015). Revised Timeline and Distribution of the Earliest Diverged Human Maternal Lineages in Southern Africa. PLoS ONE, 10(3), e0121223.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Van der Walt, E.M., Smuts, I., Taylor, R.W., Elson, J.L., Turnbull, D.M., Louw, R. and van der Westhuizen, F.H. (2012). Characterization of mtDNA variation in a cohort of South African paediatric patients with mitochondrial disease. European Journal of Human Genetics, 20(6), 650-656.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan's mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan's Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick's mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup L0
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup L0
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Peoples: | Places:
Last Updated: Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am