Giving Tuesday has come to follow Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It is a chance to return to our Thankful celebration of what we have by helping others. This year, I am helping my friend Laura Weitner. Laura is raising funds for her non-profit lost pet finding service. Laura has her own pets, a job, and family. Every day though she helps people in her community find their lost animals. She does this out of kindness and love of animals. She also helps capture and rehabilitate the homeless ‘neighborhood dogs’ of West Virginia. This work often involves long nights waiting for a dog to enter a humane trap and potential bites.
In all of that, there is a constant need for gas to travel and supplies. Below is Laura’s message.
Want to join me in supporting a good cause? This #GivingTuesday I’m raising money for Laura’s Lost Pet Services, Inc. and your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps. And on Giving Tuesday Nov 27, Facebook and PayPal will match a total of $7 Million in donations. Thank you for your support. I’ve included information about Laura’s Lost Pet Services, Inc. below.
Laura’s Lost Pet Services, Inc. was officially formed on March 17, 2016, however I have several years of experience in searching for and finding lost pets as well as capturing loose, skittish dogs. I was professionally trained by Pet Detective Kat Albrecht through the 10 week Pet Detective Missing Animal Response “MAR” training program.
* Assist in searching for and capturing missing pets.
* Assist in the rehabilitation of captured missing pets including but not limited to addressing the medical and socialization needs of the pets.
* Promote and encourage pet owners to properly secure their pets.
* Promote and encourage pet owners to have proper identification on their pets.
* Provide proper pet identification to pet owners when necessary.