These instructions are for ordering one of the new FTDNA SNP Packs if you are already an FTDNA customer. Note that SNP Packs are for males, as they test that handy Y-Chromosome that only men have.*
1) Login to your FTDNA account. https://affiliate.familytreedna.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=598&url=https://www.familytreedna.com/login.aspx
2) Click on the blue upgrade button at the top right of the webpage.
3) On the new page, scroll down until you see Advanced Tests. Then, click the Buy Now button.
4) On the Advanced Tests page, find the Test Type menu. Select SNP Pack.
5) If you are someone that the Y-DNA Q team has told you are Q-L245, select the Q-L245 SNP Pack from the list by clicking the add button.
6) Finish your order by clicking the Order Now button.
7) A warning showing that your kit does not meet the prerequisites for Q-L245 SNP Pack may appear. If you have been advised to order by the Y-DNA Q team, you may safely ignore it. You do not need to order Q-L245 before ordering the SNP Pack.
8) At checkout, fill the form as required.
* I am writing these instructions based on men who are part of Y-DNA haplogroup Q-L245 and its subclades. If you are not a Q-L245, you should check with your haplogroup project administrator before ordering a SNP Pack. They will know best what you should order. If you have any problems, contact a member of the Y-DNA Q team. https://affiliate.familytreedna.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=598&url=https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/y-dna-q/about/background