Haplogroup R32 is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|16||R32||reserved||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||R32||T152C! A3816G G4820A 8281-8289d C8464T G8743A A8784G A8887G T9116C G12771A A15712G G16145A C16185T C16239T T16311C! T16325C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5006743||D'Aurelio et al., 2010||R32:152||R32:315.1C, 523-524d, 1598, 3891, 3921A, 4735A, 4917, 4960, 8472, 8860, 9176G, 12092, 13710, 14118, 14766, 16145, 16176A, 16390|
|Hap5006958||Delfin et al., 2014||R32:146, 10398||R32:146N, 309.1N, 310, 482N, 523-524d, 5417N, 6415N, 6419N, 6524N, 6719N, 7859N, 8281-8289d, 8525N, 9123N, 10238N, 10282-10297d, 10301N, 10302N, 10304-10306d, 10398N, 11299N, 12239N, 12414, 14449N, 15244N, 15746N, 16178N, 16217N, 16223N, 16231N, 16261N|
|Hap5009571||Herrnstadt et al., 2002||R32:146, 152, 195, 247, 16129, 16187, 16189, 16230, 16278, 16311||R32:1-576d, 2351, 2442, 3847, 9531, 11719, 13188, 16024-16569d|
|Hap5011030||Kivisild et al., 2006||R32:146, 152, 195, 247, 16129, 16187, 16189, 16230, 16278, 16311||R32:1-435d, 827, 960d, 2442, 3847, 9116, 11719, 13188, 16022-16569d|
|Hap5011705||Li 2006||R32:152||R32:315.1C, 523-524d, 1736, 3708, 4248, 5093, 8794, 12888, 13469A, 15758|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American Journal of Human Genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- D'aurelio, M., Vives-Bauza, C., Davidson, M.M. and Manfredi, G. (2010). Mitochondrial DNA background modifies the bioenergetics of NARP/MILS ATP6 mutant cells. Human Molecular Genetics, 19(2), 374-386.
- Delfin, F., Ko, A.M.S., Li, M., Gunnarsdóttir, E.D., Tabbada, K.A., Salvador, J.M., Calacal, G.C., Sagum, M.S., Datar, F.A., Padilla, S.G. and De Ungria, M.C.A. (2014). Complete mtDNA genomes of Filipino ethnolinguistic groups: a melting pot of recent and ancient lineages in the Asia-Pacific region. European Journal of Human Genetics, 22(2), 228-237.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Herrnstadt, Corinna; Elson, Joanna L.; Fahy, Eoin; Preston, Gwen; Turnbull, Douglass M.; Anderson, Christen; Ghosh, Soumitra S.; Olefsky, Jerrold M.; Beal, M. Flint; Davis, Robert E. & Howell, Neil (2002). Reduced-median-network analysis of complete mitochondrial DNA coding-region sequences for the major African, Asian, and European haplogroups. American Journal of Human Genetics, 70(5), 1152-1171.
- Kivisild, Toomas; Shen, Peidong; Wall, Dennis P.; Do, Bao; Sung, Raphael; Davis, Karen; Passarino, Giuseppe; Underhill, Peter A.; Scharfe, Curt; Torroni, Antonio; Scozzari, Rosaria; Modiano, David; Coppa, Alfredo; de Knijff, Peter; Feldman, Marcus; Cavall (2006). The Role of Selection in the Evolution of Human Mitochondrial Genomes. Genetics, 172(1), 373-387.
- Li, S (2006). A Direct Submission to GenBank by Li in 2006. , unpublished, unpublished.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan's mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan's Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick's mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup R
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup R
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am
Peoples: | Places: