Haplogroup R1b is a branch on the maternal tree of humanity.
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|10||R3||150 241 513 1095 1391 6683 6990 11122A 11151 12245 13167 13359 13966 14239 15836 15940 16129 16192 16311||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||R3||150 241 513 1095 1391 6683 6990 11122A 11151 12245 13167 13359 13966 14239 15836 15940 16129 16192 16311||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||R3||150 241 513 1095 1391 6683 6990 11122A 11151 12245 13167 13359 13966 14239 15836 15940 16129 16192 16311||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||R3||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||R3||C150T A241G G513A T1095C T1391C C6683T C11122a C11151T T12245C A13167G G13359A C14239T T15940C T16311C!||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||R3||C150T A241G G513A T1095C T1391C C6683T C11122a C11151T T12245C A13167G G13359A C14239T T15940C T16311C!||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||R1b||C150T A241G T1095C C11151T T12245C A13167G G13359A C14239T T15940C||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||R1b||C150T A241G T1095C C11151T T12245C A13167G G13359A C14239T T15940C||Released 18 Feb 2016|
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5008681||Fedorova et al., 2013||R1b:16129||R1b:310, 316C, 6464, 9894, 10160, 12906A, 16224, 16265, 16291, 16390|
|Hap5008682||Fedorova et al., 2013||R1b:16129||R1b:309.1C, 315.1C, 6464, 9894, 10160, 12906A, 16224, 16265, 16291, 16390|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American Journal of Human Genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Fedorova, S.A., Reidla, M., Metspalu, E., Metspalu, M., Rootsi, S., Tambets, K., Trofimova, N., Zhadanov, S.I., Kashani, B.H., Olivieri, A. and Voevoda, M.I. (2013). Autosomal and uniparental portraits of the native populations of Sakha (Yakutia): implications for the peopling of Northeast Eurasia. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 13(1), 1.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan's mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan's Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick's mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup R
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup R
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Last Updated: Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am
Peoples: | Places: