Haplogroup M1a1c is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. The woman who started this branch lived at some point between recent generations and 11,700 years ago (Behar et al., 2012b).
Phylotree.org is the maternal (mtDNA) tree of humanity. It is maintained by Dr. Mannis Van Oven. Each build is a major update to the tree. The current build is #17.
|01||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 27 Aug 2008|
|02||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 14 Oct 2008|
|03||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 1 Mar 2009|
|04||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 10 May 2009|
|05||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 8 Jul 2009|
|06||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 28 Sep 2009|
|07||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 10 Nov 2009|
|08||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 21 Mar 2010|
|09||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 20 Jun 2010|
|10||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 10 Aug 2010|
|11||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 7 Feb 2011|
|12||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 20 Jul 2011|
|13||M1a1c||1719 6962 9966 12373 13542C||Released 28 Dec 2011; Last Build to use the rCRS|
|14||M1a1c||G1719A G6962A G9966A A12373G A13542c||Released 5 Apr 2012; First version to use the RSRS|
|15||M1a1c||G1719A G6962A G9966A A12373G A13542c||Released 30 Sep 2012|
|16||M1a1c||G1719A G6962A G9966A A12373G A13542c||Released 19 Feb 2014|
|17||M1a1c||G1719A G6962A G9966A A12373G A13542c||Released 18 Feb 2016|
GenBank is a database of genetic sequence data. It is run by the United States National Institute of Health. It serves as the main repository for mtDNA full sequence profiles. Samples come both from published academic literature and donations from genetic genealogy community members. In addition to GenBank samples, listings below may include other samples published but not submitted to GenBank such as those from the HapMap project.
Note: GenBank results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
|Hg ID||Publication||Missing Variants||Additional Variants|
|Hap5000414||Behar et al., 2008a||none||M1a1c:309.1C, 315.1C|
|Hap5015624||Olivieri et al., 2006||none||M1a1c:309.1C, 315.1C, 16193.1CC|
|Hap5015625||Olivieri et al., 2006||none||M1a1c:309.1C, 315.1C|
Geno 2.0 Data
Data from Geno 2.0 is derived from the The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project — the DAR. The Hg ID is specific to this site and is used to protect the identities of those who take part in Genographic research. Birth Country, Mother's Birth Country, and Maternal Grandmother's Birth Country have been normalized from DAR database fields. The Maternal Origin is determined based on the three previous fields.
Note: Geno 2.0 results currently use Phylotree build 16. I am working on changing resuts over to build 17.
If you use the information in this table, please credit both this site and The National Geographic Society’s Genographic Project.
- Behar, D.M., Metspalu, E., Kivisild, T., Rosset, S., Tzur, S., Hadid, Y., Yudkovsky, G., Rosengarten, D., Pereira, L., Amorim, A. and Kutuev, I. (2008). Counting the Founders: The Matrilineal Genetic Ancestry of the Jewish Diaspora. PLoS ONE, 3(4), e2062+.
- Behar, D.M., van Oven, M., Rosset, S., Metspalu, M., Loogväli, E.L., Silva, N.M., Kivisild, T., Torroni, A. and Villems, R. (2012). A “Copernican” reassessment of the human mitochondrial DNA tree from its root. American Journal of Human Genetics, 90(4), 675-684.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2011). MitoTool: a web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations. Mitochondrion, 11(2), 351-356.
- Fan, L., & Yao, Y. G. (2013). An update to MitoTool: using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination. Mitochondrion, 13(4), 360-363.
- Olivieri, A., Achilli, A., Pala, M., Battaglia, V., Fornarino, S., Al-Zahery, N., Scozzari, R., Cruciani, F., Behar, D.M., Dugoujon, J.M. and Coudray, C. (2006). The mtDNA Legacy of the Levantine Early Upper Palaeolithic in Africa. Science, 314(5806), 1767-1770.
- Van Oven, M., & Kayser, M. (2009). Updated comprehensive phylogenetic tree of global human mitochondrial DNA variation. Human mutation, 30(2), E386-E394.
- Ian Logan's mtDNA Pages
- Ian Logan's Instructions for mtGenome Genbank Donation
- James Lick's mtDNA Utility
- The FTDNA Haplogroup Project for Haplogroup M1
- The Wikipedia Article for Haplogroup M1
The following members of the community offer paid consulting for those seeking help with mtDNA results. Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation or endorsement of any service.
Last Updated: Last updated: November 30, -0001 at 0:00 am
Peoples: | Places: